3 May 2021

WW2 Germans - the full set

 More than a year after picking up some new 10mm tanks from Red3 at the PAW show in Plymouth, I've finally finished the daunting project of re-doing my WW2 10mm German forces, all with a coherent, hand-painted 3-tone cammo scheme.  

I've also uploaded all of these to the 10mm Gallery on my website


Puma, from Arrowhead - a stunningly detailed multi-part metal kit


Dragon King Tiger, with Arrowhead tank riders. I left their faces un-inked to make them pop a little more at this small scale. 


Arrowhead Tiger 1's - another stunning model


Pendraken Wirbelwind


Pendraken (I think?) Quad AA 

Pithead Diana. I know they were only used in the desert, but I ordered this one by accident and hey, one 'might' have been cobbled together and saved for later...? 


Nashorn from Minifigs. 


Arrowhead StuG with tank riders



Front view. 


Theree StuGs. From left to right, Arrowhead new kit, Pendraken old casting with Arrowhead barrel, Arrowhead now-discontinued one-piece model 


Old & new Arrowhead StuGs


Red3 PzIV  Really clean two piece casting (turret and "the rest")


Arrowhead PzIV with no Shurzen


Butlers Printed Models Steyr truck. A lot of printing lines on these which the cammo just about hides at wargaming distances.

Dragon pre-paint JagdTiger. The barrel melted when I was stripping the old paint job, so I bodged together a rather unappealing substitute.


Arrowhead 88. Something like 2.3 million pieces in this kit - but worth it!


Arrowhead and Pendraken 88's side by side


Pendraken Pak40. Crew could be anyones - I  mixed them up 


Pithead (I think?) 105mm infantry support gun


Slightly enhanced Dragon pre-paint Panther


Spinning StuG

The rest of the Germans are on this blog already

And, finally, a video of these and more photos and turntable clips as well:



No comments:

Share this page with

Search Madaxeman

The Madaxeman Podcast

The Madaxeman Podcast
Listen now on Podbean

Past Updates

Popular Posts